If you are a developer, most likely you have never had to ask how to enable Tools > Zoom function in Dynamics NAV, because you would normally be a SUPER user in development environment. And, if you have a SUPER role, you have access to this menu option anyway. However, if you are not a SUPER user, then it’s a different story…
If you click Tools, and you see that Zoom function is disabled,
you need to ask your Dynamics NAV administrator to provide additional permissions to be added to your user security settings. However, your system administrator, might not know how to do this… until now, that is! 🙂
How to enable Tools > Zoom function in Dynamics NAV?
1. Click Tools > Security > Roles.
2. Click F3 (or Edit > New) and create a new Role (I have called it ZOOM).
3. Click Arrow Down button on the keyboard (to commit new role to the database), and then click Role > Permissions.
4. Create a new permission record for Object Type: System, Object ID: 5330.
5. Click ESC a few times to go out of Permissions and then Roles windows. Go to your user (Windows or Database Login), click Roles, drill down into Role ID and select newly created ZOOM role. Click OK.
6. Synchronize security and ask user to retest Tools > Zoom function.