You must love Dynamics NAV error messages! Once in a while (yes, I am using this expression again!) you get error message in Dynamics NAV which does not make any sense and it does not seem to be related to what you were doing. For example, let’s take error message “Item Entry Relation Item Entry No. 0 does not exist“:
Could you guess what I (or your accountant) was doing in Dynamics NAV when the error message was displayed? Well, neither could I (at least, I could not untill a few days ago, when I decided to troubleshoot the issue further and to find out more about it).
But, before you trying anything smart (or not), I would suggest to check Item Tracking Lines (yes, regardless, of what document you are trying to post, Item Tracking Lines could be causing this error message!):
1. Move down the error message, in order to see on which line error message originates.
2. Go to that purchase line and click Line > Item Tracking Lines.
3. Check if there are any values in “Undefined” column on the header (these would be caused by undefined “Qty. to Invoice (Base)” field values).
4. Define “Qty. to Invoice (Base)” fields (this will transfer values from “Undefined” column to “Item Tracking” column on the header).
5. Click ESC to go back to document and try invoicing it.