Can you save RDLC* reports as PDF documents in Dynamics NAV 2009 R2? Of course, you can! You can save RDLC reports as PDF documents in Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 (to be fair, you could do this for years now… starting with Dynamics NAV 2009).
Run your report (for example, click Reports > Customer – Top 10 List),
click Preview button,
click Save and select “Acrobat (PDF) file”.
And save report as PDF file.
Easy? Yes, it is. But what about printing reports to PDF files without running the Preview function? When you look at above steps from productivity point of you, you can see that there are quite a few places for improvement – think RoleTailored! It should be all about PRODUCTIVITY (it’s not that I am complaining, remember RTC can print reports in colours – which is already exciting)!
However, it gets even more exciting! Starting from build 32843 (KB article 2628333 – which as far as I see, has not been published yet! You must love Microsoft blogs – hey, German Nav Developer – you rock!), you can get your own black belt in RTC client productivity. What’s the point of previewing the report, if your intention was to save report as PDF anyway? Useless! Finally, this has been fixed. With the latest hotfix (which you can download from here), you will be able to save reports as PDFs straight from the Request form.**
Run your report in RTC (for example Click Reports > Customer – Top 10 List),
click Print > PDF:
* RDLC (Report Definition Language for Clients applications – C stands for Client/Side processing)
** In order to use new functionality you will need to follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix – build 32843
- Stop “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server” and “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services” windows services.
- Extract the hotfix and apply it to your installation (copy and replace the files in appropriate folders).
- Connect to your database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client and compile all objects.
- Start “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server” and “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services” windows services.
- Connect to Dynamics NAV RTC client and test/print reports to PDF files.
- Speichern aller RDL Reports als pdf-Dokument im MS Dynamics NAV 2009 R 2 Standard?
- Hotfix Request for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 KB2628333
- Overview of Released Platform Hotfixes for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
- Death of Classic (C/SIDE) Client
- Classic Reports Discontinued in NAV “7”